Friday, October 19, 2012

Gearing Up

I'm starting to gear up for some pretty intense holiday crafting.  Well, intense for me, at least.  I've decided that starting the first week of November and moving forward until Christmas, I'm going to complete at least one project a week.  I love decorating for Christmas and giving gifts, but it can all get pricey really quickly, especially when there's extra cooking and party dress shopping, and donation-giving to be done as well.  Also, I feel like if I buy all my decorations then my house won't feel original, and we can't have that. 

So this year I'm going to get my craft on.  I'm going to give some homemade gifts (especially where dirty santa events are concerned), deck the Yopp halls, crank some Christmas carols, and document it all for you.

I've got a few ideas in mind already (we're talking wreaths, ornaments and a lot of fun with terra cotta pots)but I need more.  Are there any crafts you've been itching to try, but you're not sure if they are doable in real life?  Do you really want a new snowman or santa decoration but you just don't know where to get it or how to make it?  Let me know and I'll do my best to help you out! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm giving homemade gifts as well! Best of luck because I'm excited and nervous about giving myself enough time to finish them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you planning on making? If doing a guest post would give you some inspiration to kick your crafting into high gear, let me know!

      Delete