Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Very Bookish Baby Shower

At the end of July, two of my best friends from college and my mom threw me the most adorable baby shower I could ever have wished for. The shower was children's literature-themed, which is appropriate since I was in grad school to be a children's librarian (I have since graduated...holla!) and Xander's nursery is literature-themed.   Guests were asked to bring a book with a message for Xander in lieu of a card. My favorite part of the shower was seeing which books people brought and reading their messages. Most people brought their favorite childhood book and some of my friend's husbands sent books as well. Everyone really seemed to get into it and had fun picking out their books. 

All the food was based on a different book and two of the games were based on books. One was a children's literature quiz and the other was based on "Guess How Much I Love You" and had shower guests guessing how many Hersheys Hugs and Kisses were in a bowl. The guests also wrote messages on diapers that I was told are reserved for middle-of-the-night changings. I wasn't allowed to read them, but knowing my friends they are highly inappropriate. 

The whole spread

"Green Eggs and Ham" ham sandwiches and dyed deviled eggs

"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" made from fruit.

"Peter Pan" cupcakes
 
"Little Blue Truck" Little Blue Punch

"Horton Hears a Who" cotton candy pops

Peter Rabbit's carrots from Mr. McGregor's garden

After eating and game playing it was time to open gifts. I started off looking normal, and then a group of ladies who shall remain nameless insisted I should wear the Dr. Seuss hat which was provided for decoration. So here are some shots of me looking like a wacko. 


Laughing like a crazy person over a mustache pacifier from my sister-in-law.


The two lovely hosts, Stacey and Beth. Click on their names to visit their blogs.

Xander's proud Grammy, also known as my mom.

Paul made an appearance at the end (someone had to load the car).

All the lovely ladies and one tiny gentleman (minus Nola and Titus) who came to celebrate Xander with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment