Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Xander Turns 1

Xander turned 1 on September 19 and we had a Sesame Street birthday party that weekend. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out, so I thought I'd share.

The party started at 1 and Xander, who is usually an amazing napper, decided to skip his morning nap. So this is my little party animal as his guests started arriving.
 
 
I was way too pleased with myself when it came to the food selection. It was all themed, which, if you've met me, shouldn't surprise you. We had:
 
Rosita's chips and Salsa
Abbey Cadaby's Magic Fruit Wands
Elmo's Goldfish
Slimey's Worm Friends
Big Bird's Bird Food (chex mix)
Oscar the Grouch's "Garbage" (muddy buddy's)
Cookie Monster's Cookies
Super Grover's Sandwiches
Rubber Ducky Cheese and Quackers (hahaha...hahaha!)
Swedish Chef's Meatballs
 
Then my sister-in-law made the super-sweet veggie and fruit trays to look like Oscar the Grouch, Elmo, and Bert.

 
Not pictured were the favors, which were goldfish and crayons, afterall, "Elmo loves his goldfish, his crayon too."
 

 
Can we discuss this SUPER SWEET CAKE? It's absolutely everything I wanted it to be and more. The cake was funfetti, the icing was buttercream, and all was right with the world. One of my mom's friends started making cakes, like, a year ago? And she's wonderful and made this masterpiece.


I had these hurrican vases hanging out and I decided that the blue obviously had to be cookie monster and that the glass could be Big Bird with some feathers. I just put them on two random tables. 




Cake Smashin' Time! At first he was slightly hesitant, but then the kid was a cake smashin' fool.
 


This was taken after all of his presents had been opened. What is he playing with? Oh, that's a metal rack that holds puzzles. It has been in our home since we moved in. And this is what he plays with on his birthday. Also, this is the only moment during the entire party that he wore the hat.
 

 
At the last minute I remembered that we needed a family picture.

Later, after pretty much everyone had gone home, Xander moved from playing with a metal puzzle wrack to this large plastic lid.
 
 
I really can't believe how fast the last year has gone. We have a toddler now. He loves Daniel Tiger, green beans, fruit, and practicing walking. He's really into sitting on things (baskets, boxes, lids...even toys) and filling the bed of his Tonka truck so that I can dump everything out of it. He's getting sick of being fed and would rather feed himself just about all the time. He's a great sleeper. It's crazy that this time last year we hadn't even started tummy time and now he's all over the place. I love this little boy, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment