Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Public Apology

Dear Whoever-Reads-This-Blog,
I am terrible at blogging and for that I am truly sorry.  I really did intend to keep up with this blog more than my first one and it just didn't happen.  I could blame any number of things like school, work, or a broken computer, but they would just be excuses because the fact of the matter is that I spend hours at a time watching Wife Swap and doing nothing of any importance.  Except, of course, watching Wife Swap, which is VERY important.

Since last we met, here is what happened:
  • Christmas.  I got a bicycle that I have yet to ride anywhere because I'm just the worst kind of person.  But I love it.  It's seafoam green and matches my mixer.  Paul realized that would be important to me.  And it is.


  • I was asleep for the last hour of 2011 and the first 8ish hours of 2012.
  • I got really excited about and then lost interest in Shellac manicures.
  • I got hooked on the british show Skins.  It's about teenagers in their last two years of high school, or college, as they call it. Their lives are so full of debauchery and I love it.
  • I read and became obsessed with the Hunger Games.  It's really an excellent series of books and I maintain that it's totally not appropriate for young adults, despite the fact that it's required reading for my class, Information Needs of Young Adults.  I don't think I'm emotionally mature enough for it and I'm pretty sure 14 year olds aren't either. I absolutely cannot wait for the movie.  I refuse to admit how many times I've watched the trailers. 
  • I got an A in both of my classes last semester and now have an A in both of my current classes.
  •  I turned 26 on January 20.  Take a look at this haul!  That blue thing is an attachment for my iPhone.  It's an old school handset and I'm obsessed.  And that photo on the left?  Only the best picture ever taken of me and my brother.  And Paul got me a brand new set of Calphalon cookware, which is great because my old stuff was on borrowed time.
  • I've become obsessed with Toms.  They're so comfortable that I neve want to wear any other shoe.
  • Paul and I got a new car!  After a particularly grueling few hours of negotiating price, we now have a 2012 Chevy Equinox.  I'm a big fan.  And it has Onstar which means I can unlock it from my phone from anywhere.  Like the commercial.  Excellent.
  • A few days later (yesterday to be exact) Paul got the breaks on my car fixed. Apparently they'll believe a man if he says the breaks are out but they certainly never believed me.  Jerks.
  • The same day I got a new laptop since my old one has gone to computer heaven.
  • This weekend Paul and I are going to DC to see Jim Gaffigan perform.  We also get to meet up with some of his friends from college, so it should be fun!
  • We had our two year anniversary with Ginny. I'm certain getting her is one of the best decisions I've ever had a part in making.  
  • I've started watching Mad Men. I'm only a few episodes in but so far I'm a fan. 
It looks like that's all I've got.  Here's to hoping that I develop some sort of routine in posting from here on out. But I'm not making any promises.

Hugs and Kisses,

Trista

No comments:

Post a Comment