Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mid-Week Ramblings

I have a billion thoughts running through my head today, none of which could create a substantial post on their own.  But I've just got to let them out.

1.  Whenever I do work on someone else's caseload at work I turn into the most critical person alive.  I'm critical of things that I do wrong too.  For example, I don't spell check a case until I'm done with it, but if I see one typo in this halfway-worked case I think "You misspelled duodenoscopy?  Idiot..."  It's pretty terrible.

2.  I've become obsessed with Pretty Little Liars.  Are you watching it?  You need to.  It's pretty wonderful.  It actually has decent writing and acting, unlike a certain other ABC Family show, *cough*The SecretLifeoftheAmericanTeenager*cough*.  I've watched 18 episodes in 3 days and get angry when I have to go to sleep and then work the next day because I want to know who A is and how he/she is going to screw up these girls lives next.

3.  Fall is officially in the air, y'all!  When I leave the house it's chilly and when I leave work it's breezy and wonderful.  I had a pumpkin spice latte this weekend and it was good.  Not just the latte (though it was), but the experience.  I have SO MANY fall crafts I want to do.  I'm seeing lots of burlap in my future.

4.  Speaking of burlap, did you know you can get colored burlap?!  I had no idea.  That was a life-altering revelation there.

5.  Today I attempted the sock bun.  I don't have a large hand mirror so I just had to hope it looked okay from the back until I got confirmation when I got to work.  Why didn't I discover this hairstyle in the beginning of summer when keeping hair off my neck would have felt super-delightful?

6.  Sometimes when your day is going all wrong, all you need to make it better is some Old Crow Medicine Show. Take 'em away, take 'em away Lord. take away these chains from me.  My heart is broken 'cause my spirits not free, Lord take away these chains from me.

7.  I like to work in flavor variety when I plan my menu for the week.  For example, only one day of pasta, one day of mexican food, one day of sandwiches, etc.  But this week I messed up.  Monday we had southwest wraps, yesterday we had big salads, and today we're having taco salad.  How in the world did that happen?

8. Why did my mom just text me to ask if I've seen "Cats"?

9.  Last week I sent off my phone to be repaired.  After two runs through the repair process, it's still dead.  I've accepted that it will not be coming back to life.  But the iPhone 5 is being released today, which means that soon I'll be able to upgrade.  I've considered waiting until December to just get the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S, but it will just be so much more convenient to upgrade as soon as I can. I miss youtube on the go and I miss having my Couch 2 5K app at the gym. 

10.  I've been doing the Couch 2 5K program for going on 2 years.  I finished it once and then stopped running for a while and have since restarted it more times than I'd like to admit.  But I finished week three yesterday, which is the furthest I've gotten since I did the full program the first time. So that's good, right?

11.  These TOMS are amazing and I must have them:

Source
I think that's all I've got.  What about you?  What's on your mind today?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE couch 2 5k!!! I've started it like, a bazillion times. I'm on week 6 now, and that's the furthest I have made it. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make it all the way through! The only thing holding me back is that I seem to have developed compartment syndrome (no test yet, but that's what the doctor thinks), so I have scorching pain after just a few minutes of running. I just keep telling myself, no pain, no gain.

      Delete
  2. 2. I watched that show when it first started thinking it would be a great show for teenagers - WRONG so WRONG. I got disgusted and never watched it again.

    4. News of the week! That's AWESOME -but does it defeat the goal of "burlap" looking vintage?

    7. YES I do the EXACT same thing!!! I'll stress out about ONE side dish so things aren't repeated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2. I can understand that. Some friends told me to watch and I just got sucked in.

      4. It doesn't look as rustic and old as plain burlap, but looks pretty interesting. Like if you're making cloth flowers to put on a burlap wreath, using burlap flowers looks really awesome. I don't think I'd use it to replace regular burlap though.

      Delete
  3. Love pretty little liers.....addiction here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much better than I ever expected it to be!

      Delete