What You'll Need
Coasters. Mine are tile and I got a set of four for $1 at Big Lots. You can also use cork. You could also make coasters out of tiles and cork. Whatever floats your boat.
What You'll Do
1. Trace the coaster on the back of the picture, making sure the part of the image you want on the coaster is where you want it.
2. Cut out the picture. You may have to do some trimming. Just eye ball things.
3. Using your sponge brush, apply a layer of Mod Podge on the coaster.
4. Place your photo on the Mod Podge, smooth out any air bubbles, and let it dry.
5. Once dry, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the top of the picture, brushing all in the same direction.
6. Once dry, apply another thin layer of Mod Podge, brushing in the opposite direction from step 5. I brushed horizontal first and vertical second.
7. Let dry completely.
I experimented with an already pretty blurry picture of my god son and I love the way it turned out. I made a full set as a gift, but since the person I made them for may be reading, I'm not sharing those yet. Although I did use the leftover coasters to make two more for Paul and myself.
I think the possibilities for these coasters are endless. Along with photos you could use favorite passages from books, children's book illustrations, sheet music...you name it! They would make great stocking stuffers or gifts for teachers.