Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dropping Some Knowledge

You know how sometimes someone says something that makes you go, “Really?! NO!  REALLY?!”  Not in an Oh-the-Horror! kind of way, but in an, I-Had-No-Idea kind of way.  I’ve had a lot of these moments recently (an not so recently) and I feel like I need to share them with you so you can be hit with them all at once instead of piece-by-piece like I was. 
-Jack Bauer is President Snow’s son.  Or Kiefer Sutherland is Donald Sutherland’s son.  Whatever. Did everyone else already know that?  Paul looked at me like I had four heads when I looked shocked at this revelation. We had this conversation:
Me:  WHAT?! *eyes wide, mouth agape*
Paul:  How did you not know that?  They look exactly alike.
Me:  *grabs phone, navigates to IMDB app* Well hell…
Paul:  What else do you not know? 
He went on to quiz me about both Emilio Estevez’s and Angelina Jolie’s fathers.  Martin Sheen and John Voight, FTW!  But then he didn’t know that Kate Hudson is Goldie Hawn’s daughter. How does anyone not know that?!
-Layne Pryce (“Mad Men”) is Dumbledore’s son. Or, Jared Harris is Richard Harris’s son.  I learned this at the end of last season and it completely blew my mind.
-Judd Apatow wrote “Heavyweights.”  I love Judd Apatow and I love “Heavyweights.”  It makes sense.
-Jenny, as in the peas to Forrest Gump’s carrots, likely died from AIDS.  She died of an unknown virus in the early 80s after doing a lot of intravenous drugs.  And she did that before she and Forrest made little Forrest.  Soooo….they might have it too.  I’m sorry.
-Channing Tatum married the female lead from “Step Up.” Not terribly mindblowing, but I was surprised.
- At the end of "A League of Their Own," when Dottie and Kit see each other at the museum, that's not the first time they've seen each other since that last game in the 1940s.  I'm sure everyone else was aware of that.  But I wasn't aware until the last couple years.  Seriously.  What's wrong with me?

Have you had any mind-blowing realizations lately?

3 comments:

  1. Have you watched Judd Apatow's new hit series, Girls? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! I've heard amazing things but we don't have HBO :/ I'm going to have to wait until it's on Netflix or dvd.

      Delete
  2. Not a realization, per se, but I can't ever get over the fact that Isla Fisher is married (and has at least one child with) Sacha Baron Cohen. She: adorable. He: UN-adorable. Maybe he is a really sweet, non-disgusting, down to earth guy in "real life"? I don't know. The more I think about it, the more it blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete