Thursday, August 9, 2012

Repurposed Pyrex

I don't know what got into me today, but I was ultra-accomplished.  I got a lot more done in half a day of work than I usually finish in a full day.  I got about halfway through my final paper for the summer.  I marked off my first item on my 30 Before 30 list.  I made a delicious dinner, if I do say so myself.  I did a little redecorating.  And finally, I got my Krylon on between doing all that. 
I got sick of the clutter on the kitchen cart and decided that I needed to rein it all in, but I didn't have a bowl that I liked well enough to have on the counter all the time.  But that's when I remembered that I have a pyrex bowl that doesn't have a lid and is too small to use as a mixing bowl, so I never use it.  Ever.  I'd actually forgotten that I own it. So I decided to take the bowl that was taking up valuable space in my Pyrex cabinet and upcycle it into something more useful. 
A usually, the photos that I actually remembered to take are from my phone.

Repurposed Pyrex
What You'll Need
Glass bowl/dish
Spray paint
What You'll Do
1.  Turn your bowl upside down on a flat surface and spray evenly. I use a table small enough that I can walk all the way around it and spray the entire surface fairly easily. 

2.  Let it dry.
3.  Display!



I wouln't recommen doing this for any dishes that you're going to continue to use for serving, but it served the purpose I needed and I'm pretty happy with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment