Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Gallery Wall to Call My Own

I've been collecting pictures, frames, signs and everything else that catches my eye to put on my gallery wall since we moved into our house at the beginning of August.  The problem is that I'm awful at hanging pictures and hate hammering so I was dreading transferring everything from a messy pile to nicely arranged on the wall.  But tonight, probably inspired by the houseguest that Paul will have over this weekend, I decided that it was time to get those frames hung. 

First I placed all my pictures on the floor in an arrangement I liked.


Then I realized that I'd left out a picture so I moved things around a little bit.

 

Next, thanks to a tip from Young House Love I cut out newspaper the size of each of the frames/signs and taped them to the wall using painter's tape in the arrangement I'd already made up. 


Then I nailed nails near the top-center or each piece of newspaper.  This was the worst part because It seemed like every nail was going into a stud and I bent more nails beyond repair than not.  Next I removed the paper and hung the pictures.  Here's the final product.


And here's what it looks like with everything else in that particular corner of the living room.


Overall the project wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I'm really happy with the results. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea Trista! I've bent many nails in my day...understand. I love the idea of using the newspaper. I can't tell you how many times I've "holed" up parts of a wall trying to get the picture hung just right.

    ReplyDelete