Thursday, September 29, 2011

Semi-DIY iPhone Case

Since I got Pinterest, I've ad an unending supply of craft/project ideas.  Let's face it, Pinterest is what inspired me to get crafty in the first place.  A few weeks ago I found a tutorial to make my own iPhone case. When I got my phone the only case options available were solid colors or designs that involved skulls or hearts.  No thank you.  I settled for a plain purple case that I was far from in love with.  When I saw that I could make my own case I knew I had to tackle the project.

Warning:  AWFUL picture ahead. 

Semi-DIY iPhone Case

What You Need

iPhone
Clear iPhone case (I found mine for about $2 on Amazong)
scrapbooking paper, photographs...really anything you want to
scissors


What You Do

1.  Trace your iPhone onto your paper, photograph, etc.
2.  Cut out the background.  Make sure you cut out a spot for the flash.


3. Insert the paper into the back of the case, facing out.

4.  Put your phone in its case.

Here is a really terribe picture of my finished product, standing up courtesy of my ottoman.


I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty obsessed with my phone.  Okay, I was already obsessed with my phone, but it feels so new now!  I love the design and I love that I can make a new one so easily!

1 comment:

  1. love it!!! So easy, quick, and cheap - easy to redo in a few months if you want. I can't wait till January when I'm eligible for my upgrade and the iPhone will finally be mine :-) I will definitely be trying this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete