Saturday, October 22, 2011

DIY: No Sew Infinity Scarf

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I cannot sew.  At all.  I mean, I sewed a button on a dress the other day and it was crooked.  I didn't even know it was possible to make a button crooked.  But it totally is.  I digress.  The point is, I can't sew (and I've never succeeded at knitting or crocheting, either) so I assumed that nearly all fabric-based crafts were out of my reach.  Folks, I. Was. Wrong.

I was on Pinterest the other day (of course) when I saw a tutorial for a no sew infinity scarf from My World Made By Hand.  Since it was no sew I figured I could do it and since I'm on a scarf kick I wanted to get a new one anyway.  So today while I was running errands I picked up a tshirt because that's all you need!

What You'll Need

Men's tshirt.  The bigger the shirt, the more scarf you'll have to work with.  I used XXL Fruit of the Loom, 100% Cotton. 

Scissors

What You'll Do

1.  Lay the tshirt flat and cut straight across the bottom, removing the seam. 

2.  Cut straight across, under the sleeves.  Here's a really awful picture of this step.


3.  You'll end up with a band of sorts.  Stretch and stretch and stretch and stretch it some more. 

4.  Enjoy!


I was really pleased with how my first non-decor craft turned out.  I'm not the best fabric cutter but it didn't matter because the cut edges curl up and you can't see the cuts.  I can't wait to make more in tons of colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment