Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fighting Crime

Yesterday was, in a word, exhausting.  I cooked, I cleaned, I baked, I decorated, I mulched and I laundered.  Then around 7 o'clock Paul and I took a break to eat dinner and go on the Ghost Tour that we bought tickets for last week.  The ghost tour was a lot of fun and I strongly recommend that anyone in the Roanoke area  try to catch it .  It's going on every Saturday until the end of the month.  But that's not what this post is about.  This post is about fighting crime.

After the ghost tour we went by Walmart so that I could pick up last minute supplies for the baby shower I hosted today.  While we were wandering the aisles, Paul, who used to work in loss ,  prevention and can spot a shoplifter a mile away said, "That guy's stealing that coat."  Sure enough, a man had just taken a coat off a hanger, put it on, and walked away.  A few seconds later we saw him walking toward us and he was tugging at the sleeve, trying to rip out the tags.  We were both angry that he was trying to steal the coat but couldn't really do anything about it. 

A few minutes later, we went to check out and I saw, "Hey, it's that guy."  He was standing a few lines over with a woman and a baby and he was still wearing the coat.  So I commenced glaring in his general direction using my judging eyes.  Then Paul did the same.  And all of a sudden, he turned around walked toward the back of the store.  When he returned he wasn't wearing the coat.  And I'm pretty sure it was because of my judging stare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment