Friday, October 21, 2011

Today I Found It, the Rainbow Connection

A few months ago I was clicking around on Pinterest and stumbling across nail polish inspired by the Muppets.  I thought to myself, "hmm, fun concept,"  moved on with my life, and didn't think about it again.  Until today.  I was catching up on some blogs and was reminded of the line.  I decided to google it and fell in love with, among others, The Rainbow Connection.
http://blog.beautycollection.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/OPI-Muppets-Nail-Polish-Collection_-Pictures-Photo-1-5-263x300.jpg
Is it not amazing?!  But then I thought, "Yeah, it looks good in the bottle, but how would it look on my hands?"  And then I saw this:

http://www.swatchandlearn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/OPI-Rainbow-Connection-Nail-Polish-Swatches.jpg

I'm not really a big nail person but I knew that it had to be mine.  But I was prepared to find it in stores.  So you can imagine my surprise when one minute I was stairing at the pretty colors and sparkles and the next I was adding it to my cart, confirming my shipping information and changing the available balance in my check book. When it comes in I'm going to treat myself to a pedicure and maybe even a manicure.  But probably just the pedicure. Because I'm cheap.  And because I usually ruin a manicure before I'm out the door.

I encourage you to check out all the other colors in the collection. I'm also partial to Gettin' Miss Piggy With It.  Do you have any favorites?

Edit:  I just noticed on my order confirmation that I ordered, "Opi Holliday 2011 Muppets Collection Rainbow Conection."  Part of me is afraid that someone is mixing together glue and glitter in their basement right now and that is what will be delivered to me.  I hope I'm not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment